VNC Viewer v1.2.8.005969 Apk and Do not believe us? Check out our reviews! Then check out the hidden costs of other remote access solutions.
We recommend you try this out at home or in the office first:
1) Make sure your computer and Android device are connected to the same Wi-Fi-enabled local network.
2) Install this app.
3) Download VNC 5 to your computer and apply a Free license, or take a 30 day trial of our premium security and performance features.
When you are ready to go out and about:
5) Make sure both computer and Android device are connected to the Internet (for example over 3G, or from a Wi-Fi hotspot).
6) Configure the computers firewall to enable VNC.
7) Configure the computers router to forward port 5900.
Security and privacy
When you connect, you are asked for credentials (this is to protect your computers if you share or lose your Android device). We aree often asked what these are:
- If you applied a Free license to VNC 5, enter the password you created when you installed it on your computer.
- If you applied a paid-for license (or took a trial), enter the username and password you normally use to *log on* to your computer
We do not want to hide anything from you, so please note that connections will only be secure (encrypted) if you applied a paid-for license to VNC 5 (or took a trial). Connections to a Free license are fast and responsive, but we hope you will understand that end-to-end encryption is a premium feature.
How to control
Your finger moves the mouse cursor rather than clicking where you touch, as you might expect with a touchscreen. While this may seem counter-intuitive at first, you will soon appreciate the fine-grained control it gives you of a high-resolution computer desktop (especially from the small screen of a phone!)
Mouse operations are performed by gestures. So to double-click, position the mouse cursor appropriately and then tap the screen twice. To see which gestures we have mapped to other click, drag, and scroll operations, tap [?] on the toolbar to open the help.
To type, open the keyboard from the toolbar. Function and other special keys (such as Ctrl, Alt, Delete, and the Cmd key on a Mac) are available from a sliding bar above the keyboard.
As for the rest: it is as though you are sitting in front of your computer! There is simply no limit to the applications you can run, data you can access, nor operations you can perform.
FIXED: VNC Viewer can connect again to VNC-compatible technology from third parties.